Other Non-Immigrant Visas


Various other non-immigrant visa classifications are available, though not discussed in detail herein. These non-immigrant visa classes include:


Issued to members of the diplomatic corps of foreign countries.


Issued to persons who are in transit to another country for the express purpose of changing planes or ships.


Issued to foreign crewmen who need to disembark temporarily in the United States. Sever limitations apply as no conversion to any other status is permitted.


Issued to employees of recognized international organizations.


Issued to representatives of foreign press, radio, film or television or other informational media.


Issued to foreign exchange visitors. Many qualifying programs have a two year foreign residency requirement that requires the visitor to return home for 24 months before seeking another visa status.


Issued to bona-fide fiance’s of United States citizens. This visa permits the holder to enter the United States for ninety days for the purpose of marrying a citizen of the United States.


Allows a foreign student to attend school for vocational training.


Issued to parents and children of a G-4 visa holder (international organization officer or employee).


Issued to aliens possessing extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. Such applicants must demonstrate extraordinary ability through sustained national or international acclaim. Members of the motion picture and television industry must demonstrate a record of extraordinary achievement.


Issued to participants of a cultural exchange program. The program must be pre-approve by the Immigration & Naturalization Service and must provide practical training, employment, and the sharing of history, culture, and traditions of the alien’s home country.


Allows foreign ministers of religion, professional workers in religious vocations and occupations, and other religious personnel who work for a religious non-profit organization to enter the United States to perform religious work for up to five years.


Provides admission for foreign nationals who possess reliable information critical to a federal or state government investigation and/or prosecution. The S-2 is a separate designation for persons with terrorism information.


Allows a professional from Canada or Mexico to enter the United States to perform professional work pursuant to the North American Free Trade Agreement.

↑ back to top

Helpful Information

Contact Information

Jon M. Haynes
Haynes Immigration Law, P.C.

The Acropolis Building
13407 N.W. Military Hwy.
San Antonio, TX 78231-1844
210-222-VISA (8472)
210-224-2204 facsimile